Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Good news

Chapter 1 is progressing nicely, alex will probably be done with the artwork by the end of the month given the way he's tearing through the pages right now, and I'll get to work on the lettering once I get done with medicine postings. 

So if all goes well you might be looking at the first chapter/issue at some point in the next couple months. As of now I'm not going to say anything about the story, because I want to see how much people get from the first chapter, after that if you guys want a little more info about the world in our comic book, I can keep supplying you with little fragments here and there to whet your appetite.

Also I've recently discovered a new author thanks to a friend of mine, the author's name is Steven Erikson. And this man is an example of pure, unfettered genius. He has written 8 of a series of 10 books, collectively titled Malazan Book Of The Fallen. I'm currently starting the 5th in the series, and these books have me held in thrall. It's a struggle to put them down once i pick them up and start reading.

The first book is called Gardens of the Moon, and i highly recommend it to anyone who loves intricate, complex plots. Convergences are the main theme to all his books, every book is an event of convergence between multiple parties, all seemingly completely unconnected and yet as you go along, it's as though theres an invisible force pulling everything together, bit by bit, until at the end, you are left stunned, reeling, and completely in awe.

I could go on for a while about this, but for now I have to get to college so I'll pick this up some other time

No comments: